LEADER | MOTIVATING PEOPLE
Leaders and managers are unlikely to be effective if they do not understand the theories and practices of motivation. What you believe about people materially affects the way your team reacts to you and your leadership. This course focuses on the inherent needs of people and how to improve productivity and motivate a workforce. The level of motivation displayed by a team reflects the skills of the leader.
Aims of the course
- to understand the changing nature of the working environment
- to adopt techniques aimed at developing, improving and maintaining employee engagement
- to provide tools for problem solving and identifying behaviour having an adverse effect on work
- to distinguish and illustrate the leader’s role in staff motivation
- to explain the factors that contribute to a winning team
- to develop and implement action plans for improvement
Objectives of the course
At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- generate team ideas and solutions aimed at improving the working environment.
- practice your role and relevant techniques aimed at developing, improving and maintaining employee engagement within your team.
- select and use problem solving techniques appropriate to your situation
- incorporate and develop leader’s skills that improve team motivation
- display team building techniques
- produce a team or organisation plan for the development of transforming leadership
Introduction to Motivating People
Tutorial 1: The working environment
Tutorial 2: Positive engagement
Tutorial 3: Recognising problems
Tutorial 4: The leader’s role
Tutorial 5: Creating a winning team
As a guide, the course could take up to one hour per tutorial to complete. However, this time may vary considerably depending on several factors; the time allocated to work based objectives and review, individual learning styles, differing levels of ability in the subject area and so on. The overall objective is not how quickly the course can be completed but how well the individual acquires the new knowledge and applies this in their work to improve their performance.
Skill cluster for this course
The interaction between skill courses have been grouped into clusters. This assists you with further development in related skills.
To purchase this skill cluster at the reduced price of £125, please email: email@example.com